This page provides links to the home pages of VCU’s Quest 2025 peer institutions, aspirational peers, and other Virginia R1 institutions. We use these institutions to inform benchmarking to help track our progress toward VCU's strategic plan goals.
You can find more information about VCU's strategic plan on the Quest 2025 website.
Quest 2025 Peer Institutions
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- University of Cincinnati - Main Campus
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Louisville
- University of South Carolina - Columbia
- University of South Florida - Main Campus
Aspirational Peer Institutions
- University of California - Los Angeles
- Florida State University
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
- University of Buffalo
- The Ohio State University - Main Campus
- University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus
Virginia R1 Institutions
The Carnegie Commission on Higher Education classifies Virginia Commonwealth Univeristy as an R1: Doctoral University - Very High Research Activity. VCU is one of five Virginia institutions to earn an R1 classification.