Facts and Figures
Our self-service data dashboards can be accessed through the data portal. Our dashboards are designed for self-paced exploration and should provide you with most of the facts and figures that you may need.
Fall 2021 Facts & Figures Highlights
- Total student population: 28,919
- Undergraduate: 75.0%
- Graduate: 19.6%
- First Professional: 5.2%
- Female: 63.7%
- Male: 35.8%
- Students are from 48 states and 102 countries
- The one-year retention rate for Fall cohort 2020 was 83.9%
- The Fall 2021 student to faculty ratio was 16.5:1
- There are 517 student organizations and clubs
- There are 11 schools and three colleges
- One of 67 universities nationwide to be classified by the Carnegie Foundation as an "R1 Doctoral University - Highest Research Activity".
- Prestigious Community Engagement Status
- Top 3 Virginia Research University.
- In FY 2021, VCU was awarded $363 milllion in sponsored research.
- U.S. News and World Report ranked VCU Health as the No. 1 Hospital in Virginia
- VCU has one of the largest academic health centers in the nation
Tuition and Fees
- Resident: $15,028
- Non-resident: $36,366
- $70.8 million awarded in scholarship and financial aid
- Living alumni: 211,101
- More than 40% of living alumni reside in Richmond, Virginia